Today, there are more than 3 million apps that have been launched in the app store. Each one with their own unique feature. From games to fitness plans to messengers, the list is endless. However, have you ever heard of an app that helps reduce environmental impact? Or one that helps you trace your steps to understand the personal effects you may have on the world around you? To be honest, I had no clue about this until I started reading more online. These are something called as an environmental awareness app. These kinds of apps provide the user with tips on how they can be more eco-friendly.
Here are a few apps with their uses, that you can install on your devices to be a better citizen of this world.
- It is a free app that can be downloaded on Apple and Android devices. This app is more like a common ground that provides tips and ways to choose a more sustainable path. Moreover, it lets you interact with other users and see what they are up to and how they have contributed to the environment. They creators haven’t forgotten to provide incentives to the user in the form of reward points each time the users’ actions benefit the surrounding.
- Good On You
- As the name suggests, this is a go-to fashion app for all the fashionistas and influencers out there who love shopping on a very frequent basis. This app rates several clothing brands based on their impact on labour, environment, and animals. They have a 5-star rating system that also helps you take into consideration your budget, style and ethical preferences.
- A more UK centric app, DairyDrop helps you connect to milkmen around you who deliver not only milk, but other beverages in reusable bottles in their electrically charged vehicles.
- A free, global app that is for all the foodies out there who love to try new things and new places. This app works in the form of a communal fridge. It helps connect neighbours together with surplus food. This means that instead of throwing food items away that could be nearing their expiration date, it can now be shared. In a way, this helps reduce food waste and unnecessary excess production of food items in the long run.
- If you find it hard to stick to specific habits that promote an eco-friendly lifestyle, this is just the right app for you. The app is programmed in a way wherein the user is provided with a set of dares with a weeks deadline to complete. Each dare is designed in a manner that will help build long-lasting green habits. You can also chat with other users to see how they are going about their dares and any tips and tricks that they would like to share.
These are just the top 5 apps that have been mentioned above, but don’t worry, there are over 50 more than you can easily find on your app stores. Each to fit your own needs. Besides the usual do’s and don’ts, there is now a fun way introduced to become a more environment-friendly individual. I am rushing to my phone as we speak to download Good On You, what about you? Let me know what app appeals best to you and what you new habit you have acquired.